Tuesday 30 December 2008

2 Pesos - Undies...

Hello my dear brides! I'm sure you are probably wondering what on earth I'm talking about NOW ... I PROMISE when the holidays are over I will be back to my old wedding and event self, but first I wanted to tell you about a tradition we do over here on New Year's Eve, that actually I started doing when I lived up top, i.e. the good US of A!

UnderWear
So, it's related to your undies, i.e. underwear, i.e. in Spanish "calzones" (you should have heard everyone laugh when I told them one time I wanted to make calzones for dinner ... whole other meaning over here!). I don't know who started this tradition, but it goes like this: on New Year's Eve you wear either yellow underwear for work, red underwear for love, green for money and white underwear for luck. They must be a gift given to you (you don't buy it yourself), so hubby and I usually give each other our theme for the year in our stockings :). I know it sounds CRAZY but I've been doing it since the first year I met my husband (and the next year we tied the knot, so to speak!). Now, I'm not saying it's the underwear for sure but I figure it can't hurt!

Juicy Couture


GRAPES
The other tradition is related to grapes. Each guest gets 12 grapes to represent each month and, at midnight, you eat each one and make a wish for the upcoming year. We have a full house this year so we will be buying oodles of grapes!


So, if you want to incorporate a little Latin flavor into your New Year's Eve tomorrow, I say go for it and I wish you all the best, most beautiful upcoming year (and weddings!).
Again, any questions or comments re: weddings, anything wedding or Puerto Vallarta related, just post me a line to amishkadesigns@yahoo.com with "two pesos" in the subject heading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Visión Mandarina