Saturday 23 May 2009

Bridesmaid Dresses that REALLY can be worn again!

Still planning big design board surprise but have wedding first so here are more dresses! :)


I've been to a lot of weddings down here and probably can count on my hand the number of bridesmaid dresses I really do think will be worn again (and that work well in the heat and humidity!). When I look for dresses like these I ask the question "could I wear flip-flops with this?" .... if the answer is "yes", it's a keeper! (Keep in mind I didn't say WHAT KIND of flip flops ;)).


So, here are some dresses (and some places) I think would work well down here and most of these won't break most banks!


More Formal
I thought I would start with this category, since I found less I liked here - NOT that I think you shouldn't go formal, if you want - just that I think finding a good formal dress that is also a good beach dress is not as easy as it sounds!


First up, love these bridesmaid combos I found over at PerfectBound. Light, airy, formal, distinct - just really great.







Runner-up is this taupe dress I found at Anthropologie. Similar, of course, to the dresses up above ;).

Worth a mention - Still short, but completely different style is this flapper-inspired dress at New York and Company. Again, I'm thinking "light, airy"...






A Bit More Casual

So, going a bit more casual, love this brown dress from Anthropologie. It has sortof an ethnic vibe to it and I can see bridesmaids all standing in line with bouquets of white flowers breathlessly waiting to hear you say "We do!" ;).

Second Runner-up in this category is this sleeveless patterned dress, also from Anthropologie. I definitely think you have to be careful with patterns, but I think this one isn't a bad pattern - would be nice to have 1 or 2 bridesmaid's in this dress with the other bridesmaid's in complimenting colors/styles.

Beachy Yet Elegant

Of course, you know I saved my heart hearts for last!

Second runner up - Comes in more than one color, just a very simple, flowy strapless from Victoria's Secret.

First Runner-Up - Again, patterned dresses - I found these two in completely two different places and realized later their patterns were similar! Guess I know what I like! ;) I love the long, flowy nature of these dresses - can see them as great dresses for walking the beach at sunset. First dress from New York and Company, second dress from Forever21.










Second Place - I know it sortof has a 70's thing going on, but I just like the look of this fabric - if it feels the way it looks, I bet this is one fun dress to party in! (Victoria's Secret)





Before showing you my number one pick for bridesmaid dresses, I thought I would show you a bride dress/bridesmaid dress combo that I think would be awesome for a bride who wants to go more natural, carefree. I found these dresses at JCrew and would LOVE to see one of you decide to go for some yellow. Yellow rocks!




And now, drum roll please, the number one bridesmaid dress comes from....Victoria's Secret! Not only does this dress come in multiple colors, but you can wear the SAME dress in multiple styles - so, same color for your bridesmaids (if you want) but they can do it in a style that most flatters them! winwin!!

I have NO IDEA what I'm blabbing about next week so I won't even pretend to try - but I'm sure it will wedding related ;).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting post!! Outstanding collection of those bridesmaid dresses... I like the printed red dress!!

Kim Gail said...

Excellent post.!! Its really a great idea to choose bridesmaid dresses those can be worn again. That flapper-inspired dress New York & Company is my favorite.

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Visión Mandarina