Wednesday 10 December 2008

2 Pesos - Place setting Clutter- HELP!

Fun fun! First bride question of 2 Pesos and here it is:

"I like 2 Pesos Tuesday because one of my signature lines is "Only on Tuesdays!" So it works! So here is my question. I was wondering how to make a place setting with all of the pieces not look cluttered. I keep thinking in my head.... plate, flatware, napkin, place card, menu... and then to try to add maracas? I am still wanting to have you guys make custom maracas for me... I just don't know how to make them look good. And I am on a budget. What do you think?????" - bride kate

I can see why you would be confused! So many things, it seems like ... but, when you actually see all the pieces in action, I promise it starts to make sense. I have a variety of different advice so here goes!

When you say "you are on a budget" the first thing I think is "consolidate." In your case, I think there are several ways to do that. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. One of my first thoughts would be to either a) combine your menu and place card together and there would be many ways to do that - by placing the name at the top, for example, or on the side. My other thought would be to b) really personalize your maracas with the names of your guests right on the maraca and have it set at each place setting.

2. If you combine your menu and place card setting you could place the combination inside the napkin on a plate (Quizilla), or on the plate and have the napkin placed in the water or wine glasses OR you could have menus that stand-up and have them set at the head of each plate (2941). Oodles of options!
Napkins in Water Glasses

Inside the Napkin on a Plate

Menu at Top


3. Depending on where you decide to place the menus and/or menu/place card combinations, the maracas could go where the plate would be, at the top of the plate, or hanging on a chair tied with pretty ribbon! I think the maracas are also fun at the ceremony on each chair or passed out during a fun dance number (if you have a group that dances!).

On Ceremony Chairs

Back of Dinner Chairs


4. Keep in mind that usually the plates aren't on the table before dinner, as they are brought out with the food. So, you should have a space on the table for the plates which would be a great place for either the menu or maraca!

Plates not set

Plates Set


Knowing what I do re: your full table set-up, if it were me, in lieu of having your names, date and location painted on the maraca, I would aim for a simple design with the first name of your guest (in case of double names, as in two Sams, with the first initial of their last name). I would set the menu at the head of the plate, the maraca where the plate will go with the guest's name facing-up and the napkin under the fork.
Any questions about wedding design, decor, etiquette or anything re: PV, ask away and Two Pesos Tuesdayish it is (I'm on Mexican time, eh!) - either PM me if you see this at Best Destination Wedding or email me at amishkadesigns@yahoo.com and put "two pesos" in the subject line!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Visión Mandarina